Saturday, March 1, 1997

Burlington Pharmacy

Located on the southeast corner of High and Union Streets, this building was constructed in 1731. From 1770 to 1778, it was home to Isaac Collins, Royal Printer for the colony, who operated a printing shop on High Street. A pharmacy has been in business here continuously since 1831, when druggist William J. Allinson opened his business here.

Now the home of Wheatley's Burlington Pharmacy, the building has been a pharmacy for nearly 170 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment