Located at 320 High Street, this house was constructed in 1720 by Richard Smith, Jr. In 1793, it was sold to Nathaniel Coleman, a Quaker silversmith who had come to Burlington six years earlier. Coleman occupied the house with his wife Elizabeth and his brother Samuel, also a silversmith, until his death in 1842.
Working in a second-floor workshop at the rear of the house, both brothers were highly productive - Nathaniel worked as a silversmith for more than forty years - and their works are now in many private and museum collections.
Nathaniel and Elizabeth Coleman were among the original members of The Friendly Institution, a secretive local charity which was organized in this house on Christmas Eve, 1796. The first floor of the house is now occupied, fittingly, by a jeweler's shop.