The Bard-How House, located at 453 High Street, was constructed about 1743 by Bennett and Sarah Pattison Bard, and sold in 1756 to Samuel How, Sr. How was a butcher and tavern keeper by trade, and also served as a Justice of the Inferior Court of Common Pleas and a representative at the Provincial Congress of New Jersey.
After How died in 1782, the house was owned for some time by his sons. In the twentieth century, the house was acquired and restored by the Burlington County Historical Society, along with the nearby James Fenimore Cooper House and Captain James Lawrence House. The preserved house is furnished with 18th-century antiques and art, including a tall case clock made by local clockmaker Isaac Pearson in the 1740's. For more information or tours, contact the Society.