Niagara Hose Company #6 was incorporated in 1913, the evolution of a group known as the "Sprinklers." A plot of land at High and Dewey Streets was donated, and a house was built. The company acquired its first motorized apparatus in 1916, and served through three wars.
In 1962, the Company was required to relocate a short distance down High Street, to make way for highway construction. The move was accomplished smoothly, with groundbreaking taking place for the current firehouse while plans for the highway were still being drawn.
The company presently owns a 1996 Seagrave 1250 GPM pumper, a 1973 Mack 1000 GPM pumper, a 1950 Mack 750 GPM pumper, a 1985 Chevrolet 4WD support truck with plow, and a 14 foot rescue boat.